Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Day 3

Had a slightly productive day.  Arrived home last night from a lovely day in Stinson with my family including a small hike almost to Table Rock.  My neck felt decent but the girls were wiped out.  No surprise there.  3 days a Papa Bears Summer Camp can wear you out!

Today was mostly soccer momish but I did manage to arrange to meet with the engineer I need a sign off on my  plans. We are going to to build a safe and powerful backyard fence that will alter our lives by blocking the horrible Lombard street traffic noise and provide a structure to plant a privacy hedge.  I am utterly desperate to start this project.  The uglyness and noise of this road and our back yard drives me nuts.  I am obsessed with making this hard to improve space into a beautiful new playyard for the girls.  Right now it just a noisey piece of uglyness.

I was proud of myself for my kitchen tidy up this evening.  I have a hard time at the end of the night mustering up the energy to clean up.  It is so gross to start the day without a fresh house and I struggle with that.

What helped move me along was liltening to adhdsupport talk radio. Tara McGillicudy is wonderful and her guests are most helpful.   The podcast  I chose was about finishing projects and it drove home some of the many issues that I struggle with.  Fortunately, I am getting closer to making sincere progress.  Including my backyard project.  I am most certainly being cautions, informed and through.  I get to meet with both the grass people, and an engineer tomorrow.  I have consuted with a nouse reduction consultant. i have thoughtfully  sketched out design ideas, sourced materials and visited salvage yards.  Ideally, this blog will be more about my projects then the struggle I have completing tasks.

I am eager to get far enough along in the planning stage to share the yard transformation on my  blog.

Until tomorrow,

Ms.Adventures

No comments:

Post a Comment